I got inducted!

Hello world!

I have a super exciting piece of my life to share with y'all and that is that I have been inducted to Handmaids of the Lord Household!!

Now unless you go to Franciscan University that statement probably means absolutely nothing to you so let me explain. Franciscan does not have sororities and fraternities instead we have households. (so in short it is a sort of a Catholic sorority)

My story begins with my first Lords day (Saturday eventing when we gather to read the Sunday gospel and discuss) when I immediately fell in love with Handmaids. I knew it was crazy to want to intent (join) after one day so I went and visited other households. I could not get handmaids out of my mind. I absolutely loved them.

I was told I would not be able to intend until next year because they were full. I was a bit sad at first but then I made my peace with it. When I went to an Edith Stein Conference for my women's ministry team, the coordinator told me I would be able to intent spring semester after all! I as overjoyed and jumped up and down like a crazy lady. I Intented about 2 weeks later andI became a maiden before my spring break. After maiden day I got my big! Her name is Sofia and she is a beautiful soul who is very trolly and crazy but also is so incredibly in love with Christ and such a light to me. I could have never picked a better big for myself. She went through formation with me and is such a mother to me.

My big Sofia! She is such a precious light to me!


The reason I love Handmaids so much is because of the simple beauty of their covenant. They strive to empty themselves of worldly things and be a vessel for Christ. They desire to shine their light on the world and be a vessel for Christ to do His work through. They seek to imitate Mary's fiat. Her Yes. The mission of this household is my life mission. I wish to shine the light of Christ and love others where they are at. I want to preach by my example and love every child of God on this planet that the Lord puts in my path.

I'm excited to be apart of a sisterhood that is rooted in Christ. My big was telling me that handmaids pray for handmaids past, present and future which means that they have been praying for me since BEFORE I was born. That is so amazing to me. I love this sweet sisterhood that I am a part of. I am thankful for all the silliness, laughter, hugs and smiles that come along with being a part of this household. I'm so exited to be a Handmaid of the Lord now and forever and I am so blessed to have the next four years to make incredible memories and grow with my amazing sisters!

This is my beautiful intent class! We all got inducted on the same day!



Comments

Popular Posts