Silence

I talk a whole lot. If I'm talking I can pretty much guarantee you will hear my voice at the end of the hall. I just really love people and have no problem sharing myself with others and listening to them. Because of the fact that I would be ok with going through my day without a moment of silence. This is exactly why I force myself to have Silent time.

https://www.suzyfletcher.org/?lightbox=dataItem-imo63e5w4
We as young people are bombarded by noises and distractions 24/7 so much so that it is weird for us to have silence. Silence makes us uncomfortable. We fill it with TV, music, youtube videos, social media. We always reach for our phones to avoid awkward silent moments. But truth be told the most beautiful growth that we will experience in our interior life comes from silence.

One of my all time favorite saints is John Paul 2. He like every other saint I have ever heard of spent so much of their lives in silent contemplation in front of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. John Paul the second said, “Prayer, intimate dialogue with the One who is calling you to be His disciples, must come first. Be generous in your active life, young people, and be deeply immersed in the contemplation of God’s mystery. Make the Eucharist the heart of your day.” This amazing saint gives us gold in this sentence. Personal prayer is our path to sainthood. It is impossible to sit in silence with the Lord and not be changed. So if you are striving to grow in holiness and virtue start with personal prayer.

I encourage you all to pursue silence and pursue God. In the silence He will speak loudly. Listen to his voice. Start small if you don't pray every day try praying 5 minutes in complete silence. Try taking a walk with Jesus and praying. And if you already pray 15 minutes a day try doing a daily holy half hour. Give your heart and time to Jesus and He will bring sweet fruit from it!

Comments

Popular Posts