Marian Consecration



About three week ago I consecrated myself to Jesus through Mary for the third time in my life. This time I got this awesome chain that is forever on my wrist until I ply it off with some sort of tool. 

I know I will get many questions about this chain when I go back home. Here at school most everyone knows what it is and what it stands for, but back home people are going to be confused. so I want to give a brief answer to this question here on my blog.

So this is what I imagine many future conversations looking like...

Person: "Michelle why the heck is there a chain on your wrist?"

Me: "It's my consecration chain, from my Marian Consecration!"

Person: "What is Marian Consecration?"

Let me explain...

In short marian consecration is getting to Jesus through Mary. Mary is the mother of our Lord and our Savior Jesus Christ. The bible says that the angel Gabriel came to her and said "Hail full of grace" For an angel to come to you and say those words, you have to be pretty special! 

So, knowing that she is so special and seeing her example of Christian femininity though her receptivity in her fiat I know I want to be like her. I want her to take care of all that I have so that when I get to heaven I say "Jesus I have nothing because I gave it all away. I Gave it to mom." She in turn then wraps all of your gifts, works and love beautifully and gives it to Jesus. I giver her the things I love most and cherish the most. I give her my mom, sister, dad, and grandma and I know that she will keep them safe and be their prayer warrior. Her greatest desire as our mother is to see us in heaven with Jesus.

I used to think of Mary as someone who took me away from Jesus. I thought to myself "why on earth would I give Mary any time if Jesus is God and He is right here!" What I didn't realize is that she is not trying to distance me or take the place of God at all. She is humble and gentle. She want to take you deeper into your relationship with the Lord. That is her whole purpose. 

Before Jesus dies he looks at John His apostle and Mary His mother and says "Mother behold your son" (John 19:26-27) I truly believe that she is mother to us all and queen of heaven and earth. I know that she will always be praying for me and I can't wait to give her a big hug when I meet her in heaven.

The chain that I now wear serves as a constant reminder that no matter how much I stray from the Cross, from the Lord, she will always pull me right back where I need to be. Close to Jesus. She is constantly pulling me into deeper waters showing me beautiful places and beautiful love.


Comments

  1. I'm so happy for you! I'm glad that you have found a strong relationship with Mary and therefore an even stronger relationship with Jesus :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts