He pursues my heart





Can you feel it?

How much God longs for you?

Honestly ladies, I don’t always feel it. There I said it. I don’t always FEEL like I am deserving of the grace and love of God. I feel like He shouldn’t love someone like me, a sinner who tries and tries but fails often. But one thing I always KNOW is that the Lords mercy and love are always there; even if I don’t feel it He never stops loving me and pursuing my heart.

When I feel like I am undeserving and unlovable the Lord never fails to slap some sense into me and break my walls of shame and worthlessness. He breaks into my heart and shows me his unending love!

There is one verse that the Lord has been replaying in my heart every single day for about a month now. It is Lamentations 3:22-23 which says, “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness.”

HIS GRACE AND MERCY ARE NEW EVERY MORNING.

 Hallelujah!

If you are a major sinner (like this girl right here) hearing that verse is like the chamomile tea to for your soul. It is so comforting and relaxing knowing that no matter how much you mess up, every day is new and the Lord NEVER ever stops pursuing your heart and pouring out his never ending grace.

We say it every day at mass “Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed” Literally this statement is me every day. I am in awe that God wants to dwell in my body and soul. Every day we acknowledge that we are not worthy of God yet every day he tells us that he wills for our souls to be healed and filled with Him. How beautiful is that!

Sometimes it brings me to tears the lengths that the Lord will go to show me how much he loves me and how he is always present in my life. He goes out of his way to show me that I am his beloved. The Lord does little things and big things to remind each and every one of us daily of his love. All we need to do is listen and be open to receive all of his little love notes.

I feel like most of us know about God’s love for us. We know that the Lord loves us  and that we are made new every day but have you really internalized that statement? Do you believe it with your whole being? Just spend a few moments thinking about that. Think about what a great father we all have that he would love us forever despite our sinfulness.

Now if most of us know about God’s unending love and mercy, it is our job to tell the world about it! Put yourselves in another woman’s shoes… Imagine that you are a young lady trying to find yourself in this big confusing world. You are filled with shame when you think of all of your past mistakes, you are trying to get back on your feet but are never really able to let go of the past. Imagine growing up without having the knowledge that there is a man who died for all of your sins. Imagine not knowing that you are loved beyond belief.

That’s a really scary place to be ya’ll. We should be thankful that we know about the Mercy of the Lord. But not all of our brothers and sisters know about it!

This is the year of Mercy ladies! Lets step it up. ALWAYS remember that you are loved, beautiful and important. Spread the word spread the love to those around you. Be a light during this year of Mercy and show others the beautiful mercy of our God.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts